Health Insurance Info
Medicare is a federal health insurance program that covers seniors over 65 and people with disabilities. Below are some resources for people with Medicare.
- Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program (HICAP) provides free community education and counseling to Medicare beneficiaries about Medicare, Supplemental plans, Prescription Drugs, Medicare Advantage plans, Long Term Care, appeals, and more. Individual appointments are available at over 30 locations throughout Alameda County by calling (510) 839-0393 or 1-800-393-0363 or visiting their website.
- Alliance CompleteCare is a health plan for residents of Alameda County that combines Medicare, Medi-Cal, and Part D prescription drug coverage with no premiums, deductibles, or co-pays, and offers dental and vision care. For more information, see their website or call 1-877-585-PLAN (7526)
- For comprehensive information on Medicare, see the Medicare & You guidebook.
- To enroll in Medicare, contact the Social Security Administration 1-800-772-1213. To visit your local Social Security office, you can find the office closest to you here.
- For comprehensive information on Medicare benefits, including: Medicare basics, Medigap policies, long-term care options, Medicare appeals, and prescription drug coverage, see the California Health Advocates website.
- Use the Medicare Prescription Drug Finder to find the Medicare Part D plan best for you.
- BenefitsCheckUp finds federal, state, and private benefit programs available to help seniors save money on prescription drugs, health care, meals, utilities, taxes, and more. Obtain a personal report on the benefits you may qualify for on their website.
- Alameda County’s Network of Care provides information to improve and better coordinate long-term care services locally.
- Visit the Medicare website for other information.